The Sims 4: StrangerVille
The Sims 4: StrangerVille is the seventh game pack for The Sims 4. It was announced on February 20, 2019 and was released on February 26, 2019 on PC and Mac. The console version was released on May 14, 2019.
The pack is largely focused on a linear storyline, where various sims in a rural desert town named StrangerVille are all infected and the player has to find the cause and a cure. Other new features include the military career, listening device, lava lamps and the possessed emotion.
Solve the mystery of a desert town that holds a deep, dark secret.
Start your investigation and solve the mystery of a desert town that holds a deep, dark secret.
Different World – Explore StrangerVille, a rural desert town shrouded in secrecy. Encounter weird weather, creepy townies, dangerous plants, odd collectibles, and more.
Unravel the Story – Immerse your Sim in unique and mysterious events. Unmarked vans appear in neighborhoods, government agents use secret listening devices, and scanners are key in detecting the unusual.
Crack the Code – Have your Sims investigate using their Military training, searching for clues to solve a mystery that lies within the secret lab.
Suit Up Your Sim – Get Sims in the mystery-solving mood by gearing them up in desert-inspired clothing and military fatigues, or prepare them for the end with conspiracy-themed clothes, secret agent attire, and a hazmat suit.
New gameplay mechanics
StrangerVille adds the desert town of StrangerVille, where Sims have to solve mysteries and puzzles in order to cure all the local residents. They can also join the military semi-active career, where they can become either a grand marshall or take the path of a covert operator. The pack includes a new aspiration and trait. This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
When the player first loads the town of StrangerVille, some town locals are clearly infected with a mysterious illness: a possessed emotion, a strange walkstyle and talking gibberish about a “Mother Plant”. Strange blue alien plants also dot the town. It is up to the player to investigate by talking to locals and explore the secret lab in order to find a cure for this strange illness.
- Curio stall
- Listening device
- Medal display case
- Training bots
- Lava lamps
Paranoid Sims feel that danger is around every corner, and that people are always talking about them. Paranoid Sims feel a sense of security while hanging out in basements.
New Radio Station
- Strange Tunes
- StrangerVille Mystery (Location) – StrangerVille is holding some deep dark secret, and this Sim wants to uncover why all the townsfolk are acting a bit strange.
- New Resident – Talk about StrangerVille with 5 Sims · Buy Curio from the Curio Shop · Examine Sealed Door at Secret Lab
- Personal Spy – Gather 15 pieces of Evidence · Compile a StrangerVille Secret Dossier · Open the Sealed Door in the Secret Lab
- Pathogenic Investigator – Collect 15 Spore Clusters · Assemble the Hazmat Suit · Traverse to the deepest part of the Secret Lab
- StrangerVille Hero – Vaccinate 3 Sims · Recruit 3 Sims to Help Stop the source of the Infection · Defeat the source of the Infection
- Reward trait: Hero of StrangerVille – As the Hero of StrangerVille you will receive fan mail as well as being able to retell the tale of how you defeated the source of the Infection.
New Type of Death
- Consumed By the Mother
Other New Features
- Military career interactions: