Journey to Batuu
The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu (also referred to as The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu) is the ninth game pack for The Sims 4. It is a collaboration with the Star Wars franchise. The pack’s icon was leaked on August 2, 2020 and it was officially announced during the 2020 Gamescom opening day livestream on August 27, 2020. The pack was released on September 8, 2020 on all platforms.
The pack is focused on the distant planet of Batuu, where the player can participlate in missions, collect artifacts, engage in lightsaber duels and obtain droids.
Experience the Edge of the Galaxy – The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu is set on the remote planet of Batuu, inspired by Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort® and Walt Disney World Resort®. Sims will be surrounded by the iconic sights and sounds of Star Wars including Stormtroopers, unique Batuuan attire, custom lightsabers, the bustling activity at the famous Oga’s Cantina, the interstellar hits of DJ R-3X and even the Millennium Falcon.
Create Your Star Wars Story – The Resistance, First Order, and scoundrels are fighting to control Batuu, and it’s up to players and their Sims to determine who will succeed. As Sims undertake challenges and special missions, they can gain (or lose) the trust of the affiliation of their choice, unlock rewards, equipment, new outfits and critical missions that will influence changes to the world and tip the balance of power.
Unite with Iconic Characters – Completing missions earns reputation points and helps them get closer to meeting the leaders of the forces on Batuu. Depending on the choices they make, Sims will meet iconic Star Wars characters, including Rey and Vi Moradi (Resistance), Kylo Ren (First Order) or Hondo Ohnaka (scoundrels).
Create Your Own Lightsaber – Players will also get to explore Batuu and all it has to offer along their journey, including finding artifacts like kyber crystals and hilts to create the most coveted Star Wars artifact: a lightsaber. Once Sims collect enough pieces to construct a blade, they can build their fitness skill by training and go head to head against other Sims in lightsaber challenges.
Customize Your Droid Companion – Sims will also have a chance to visit the Droid Depot and customize their very own droid to help during missions. Droids are useful companions and can use their scanners on unknown crates, scramble control panels or distract rivals.
Bring Batuu Back Home – The fun doesn’t end on Batuu! When Sims return home, they can bring back new decor, recipes and artifacts inspired by their travels, including their lightsaber and droid, play a game of sabacc, or even host a playful lightsaber training session.
World and neighborhoods
Main article: Batuu
The pack includes a new destination world – Batuu. It is a desert planet in the distant Star Wars galaxy in a star system with three suns and two moons. To visit, Sims will have to vacation there or wait for a phone call from a friend.
Batuu consists of three neighborhoods, each corresponding with its faction:
- Black Spire Outpost (Scoundrel faction)
- First Order District (First Order faction)
- Resistance Encampment (Resistance faction)
Each neighborhood has a non-editable lot and a faction-specific spaceship to explore in. Batuu also features numerous rabbit holes to visit for needs such as buying food, sleeping or shopping for goods. Whilst there, galactic credits are used as currency instead of simoleons and Sims everywhere must wear Batuu outfits (which can be customized).This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
Factions and missions
The player will choose to align themselves with up to two of the three factions: Scoundrel, First Order or Resistance. To do so, missions have to be performed for a specific faction. Upon successful completion of the mission, the Sim’s influence towards the faction will increase, eventually becoming a member of that faction. Sims also earn galactic credits or bonus items as rewards for finishing missions. Reaching higher levels of influence with a faction will bring benefits such as access to its secret areas, permission to fly their spaceship or more social interactions.
Sims can only gain influence with either the First Order or the Resistance. Performing missions for one faction will decrease its influence on the other. For example, a successful mission for the First Order nets a Sim more influence with the First Order but as a consequence, its influence with the Resistance is decreased. However influence points for the Scoundrel faction is unaffected and can be gained regardless of a Sim’s alignment with the First Order or the Resistance.This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
- Sabacc – a card game in the Star Wars universe
New Radio Stations
- Batuu Radio
- DJ R-3X Stereo
- Hope Vs Order (Star Wars) – On the world of Batuu there is a growing conflict. This Sim is out to explore Black Spire Outpost and understand whether they should stand with the Resistance or the First Order.
- Paragon of Hope (Star Wars) – This Sim looks to be the spark of hope that disrupts the First Order’s operations on Batuu and aid the Resistance cause.
- Enforcer of Order (Star Wars) – This Sim is out to prove their loyalty to the First Order by stamping out the Resistance presence on Batuu.
- Galactic Privateer (Star Wars) – This Sim isn’t about choosing sides, they’re happy just mingling among the smugglers, and bounty hunters on the fringe planet of Batuu. Earning a few extra credits along the way is just a bonus, no matter how they get them.
- Heroic Presence – Heroic Sims gain Charisma more easily, and can also inspire other Sims with their presence.
- Supreme Authority – Sims with Supreme Authority have an edge during fights and can show their might, encouraging other Sims to back down from hostile socials with them. These Sims are also less likely to die from anger.
- Sleight of Hand – Sims with a Sleight of Hand can Pickpocket other Sims and will never get caught cheating at Sabacc.
Other New Features
- Beckerman Green and Douek – Ti Lo Laka
- Guy Mayzig – Galma
- Harlan Hodges – Marketplace
- John T. Williams (Haab arrangement) – Finale
- John T. Williams (Haab arrangement) – Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle (Sims)
- John T. Williams (Haab arrangement) – March of the Resistance (Sims)
- John T. Williams (Haab arrangement) – Rey’s Theme (Sims)
- John T. Williams (Haab arrangement) – Star Wars Main Theme (Sims)
- John T. Williams (Haab arrangement) – Who Are You?
- Kevin Kliner – Victory On Ryloth
- Randy Kerber – Marketplace Hora
- Randy Kerber – Mischevious
DJ R-3X Stereo
- Adam Gubman and Matthew Wood – Blue Milke Surprise
- Chaka Mater Laka – Batuu Boogie
- Elem Zadowz – Huttuk Cheeka
- Figrin D an and the Modal Nodes – Modal Notes
- Mus Kat and Nalpak – Doshka
- Tamir Muskat and Ori Kaplan – Til the Spire