Creator Snarky Witch makes a list of lengthy rules of the 100 Baby Challenge here. We’ll not discuss everything here one-by-one, but instead, we’ll focus on the most important rules of playing this exciting gameplay challenge for the base game. Note that if you have add-on packs installed, there are separate add-on rules to follow on top of the base game rules.
Before starting playing the 100 Baby Challenge, it’s important to note the following game options as part of the basic rules. First, you must set the game to “aging on” and “normal lifespan” so that your Sims will age up accordingly. Bear in mind that pregnant Sims do not age up, so it makes the challenge more doable.
For Non-Playable Character (NPC) Sims, turn on the Auto-Aging option to ensure that your Matriarch Sim will have more choices for possible donors.
And most importantly – no cheating! You cannot use any mods or cheats that would ease up the challenge. The only exceptions are bb.moveobjects for build mode and cheat codes to resolve glitches.
Here are the basic rules of the challenge for the base game:
Aging And Household
- Any reward or in-game method of extending a Sim’s lifespan is not allowed. However, rewards earned by completing aspirations, whims, and throwing social events are permitted.
- The babies, toddlers, and children Sims have to meet certain milestones and conditions before they are allowed to age up. This particular rule makes the challenge more difficult since aging Sims allow more room in the household for new babies.
- Young adult Sims can be moved out of the house to accommodate more children. However, you are not allowed to move them back in.
- A female, young adult is necessary to continue through the next generation. Once your matriarch becomes an elder, the youngest daughter will be the one to resume the challenge when she becomes a young adult.
- Babies, toddlers, and children must not be taken by social services or killed off.
- Your Sim, the matriarch, must do everything herself in taking care of the children. Hiring nannies are not allowed during the challenge, but you can hire maids, gardeners, and repair technicians.
Jobs And Careers
- Teenagers can help with the household income by working on part-time jobs.
- The matriarch cannot take a part-time or full-time job. However, it may register as self-employed or have a work from home career.
Romance And Donors
- The matriarch cannot get married until it becomes an elder. Once it gets married, it has to move out of the house with its spouse to make more room in the household.
- The matriarch Sim can only use another Sim as donor once. It means that the matriarch must not get impregnated more than once by the same donor. It’s fine if the pregnancy results in twins or triplets.
- None of the donors can move into the household or provide any aid to your household.
- Purchasing and using the Fertile Aspiration Reward is permitted.
Babies, Toddlers, Children, And Teenagers
- You can adopt a child, but it will not count as part of the needed 100 babies to complete this challenge.
- You cannot use any method that will influence the gender of the baby.
- The in-game randomizer must be used when selecting all the children’s traits as they age.